Openess
This is going to sound sort of cryptic but I want to put it down anyway. I've always had trouble "committing" - I think because I have never wanted my emotions to be in the hands of someone else. I don't trust easily. I tend to maintain some distance, some reserve.
I have discovered recently that I can be vulnerable to someone and not feel put at risk or diminished. Partly because of trust and connection with that person but also, partly because I'm strong enough to just do it. It is sort of like laying down one's resistance and letting go of a lifelong struggle.
I don't know what else this might change in my life, maybe nothing else, maybe everything. However, at this moment, I'm pretty happy.
I have discovered recently that I can be vulnerable to someone and not feel put at risk or diminished. Partly because of trust and connection with that person but also, partly because I'm strong enough to just do it. It is sort of like laying down one's resistance and letting go of a lifelong struggle.
I don't know what else this might change in my life, maybe nothing else, maybe everything. However, at this moment, I'm pretty happy.

3 Comments:
Good for you! It sounds like you have taken a big step in your life. I hope it opens up avenues for more discovery and happiness!!!
Pretty cool...no, VERY cool. :)
Yay yes but there are always bumps, big ones sometimes. So far, we've negotiated them and come out better.
Post a Comment
<< Home